Services - VOCATIONAL MINISTRY
The Center for Biblical Living invests heavily in vocational ministry marriages. Unfortunately, today’s ministry marriages can be in crisis.
- 37% of pastors admit that pornography is a current struggle.
- 80% of pastors believe that pastoral ministry affects their family negatively.
- 80% of pastor’s spouses wish their spouse would choose another profession.
- 80% of pastor’s spouses feel pressured to do things and be something in the church that they are really not.
- 95% of pastors do not regularly pray with their spouse.
How many people in ministry have you seen fail? How many families have you seen overburdened by the weight of ministry? Often the people doing ministry aren’t ministered to themselves. CBL exists to do just that.
We offer a number of services for those in vocational ministry. Though we believe face to face is the most effect means for biblical care, we do offer video conference calls no matter where in the world someone is located.
Marriage Counseling and Mentoring
- Whether ministry is just taking its toll on your marriage or you feel like your marriage is in crisis, CBL will come alongside you to offer help and hope from God’s Word.
Marriage on Mission
- Are you preparing for overseas ministry? Experiencing a season of marital difficulty while serving the church? Returning on furlough and in need of care? Facing ministry change that brought suffering? CBL offers tailored weekend marriage experiences to help you in your unique situation.
- This experience is designed for discipleship and renewal. Couples will complete an extensive questionnaire as pre-work before coming to Louisville for a weekend of marriage assessment and guidance. The results can be sent to your church for further follow-up and care.
For more information, please contact us.
- In partnership with local churches CBL offers individual counseling to those preparing for vocational ministries. If you are struggling or in a season of uncertainty, we offer help that points to the gospel and provides practical guidance.
- It can be beneficial to sit with someone who is a few laps ahead of you in life and in ministry. We would love to grab a coffee and discuss what life might look like for you in the next few years (Titus 2:1-8).
For more information, please contact us.
How do I schedule appointments?
- Fill out the form on the contact us page. We will follow up with you within 48 hours of receiving your request.
Is there a cost?
- Some churches are able to sponsor the cost. We would encourage you to speak with your church leadership to see if there are funds available.
- Our rate per session is $75. Session are typically between 60 and 90 minutes. We do offer scholarships to assist financially, however we do not offer 100% scholarships. Contact us for details.
- For those desiring a Marriage on Mission experience, contact us for more information.
I don’t attend The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary nor am I in vocational ministry, will CBL still counsel me?
- Currently, the Center for Biblical Living is limited to counseling SBTS students and those serving the local church vocationally (in the pulpit or on the mission field). If you are not a SBTS student nor serving the local church and you desire biblical counseling, please consider two resources we recommend:
“Tom and Robyn were an integral part of helping us better honor the Lord in our first year of marriage. We were struggling to bring our two worlds together: I was a widower with four children and my wife had never been married. While we had many of the most important things in common including our faith and ministry goals, we needed help handling the myriad of conflicts that came with our unique circumstances. Tom and Robyn applied empathy, patience, and godly wisdom in our weekly meetings that enabled us to
grow in our understanding of each other as well as our trust in the Lord. Tom and Robyn gave us tools that have served us well as we continue to flourish in our marriage today in no small part because of their investment in us.” – Lead Pastor