Services - Southern Seminary
Single or married, life can be challenging and we want to come alongside you with biblical truth as you navigate life’s challenges. While studying the Word of God, we often need help living it (2 Peter 2:12).
- CBL hosts regular marriage training events called Datenight IN (click here for more info). Datenight IN is ministry marriage success training for couples at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary who are serious about growing in their relationship. These evenings equip couples to grow in true intimacy, connection, purpose, and to experience closeness for a lifetime. It gives couples the vision and foundation to build oneness over a lifetime while in ministry.
- Those preparing for ministry are not immune to the problems of life. If you’re having trouble, let us help you by pointing you to the gospel and offering practical guidance and help.
- For those in seminary, classes are a significant step toward heading into ministry, yet it’s also beneficial to sit with someone who is a few laps ahead of you in life and in ministry. We would love to grab a coffee and discuss what life might look like for you in the next few years (Titus 2:1-8).
Submit a Student Care Request form.
How do I schedule appointments?
Submit a Student Request Form. We will follow up with you within 48 hours of receiving your request.
Is there a cost?
The Center for Biblical Living does not charge for counseling appointments offered to students of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, because there is a scholarship fund that covers these fees. This scholarship covers our rate of $75 per session. Sessions are typically between 60 and 90 minutes.
We are a donor based ministry in order to keep counseling cost low. If you are able and willing to invest in this important ministry we would invite you to become a financial partner.
Contact us for details.
I don’t attend The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary nor am I in vocational ministry, will CBL still counsel me?
Currently, the Center for Biblical Living is limited to counseling SBTS students and those serving the local church vocationally (in the pulpit or on the mission field). If you are not a SBTS student nor serving the local church and you desire biblical counseling, please consider two resources we recommend:
- Biblical Counseling Coalition’s “Find a Counselor” page to find a counselor in your area.
- One-Eighty Counseling and Education
“I asked for assistance from Tom Scott because of my addiction to porn. He has helped me tremendously in this area. He was thoroughly biblical in all that he did. He exceeded my expectations. God used him to help restore my marriage and my relationship with Jesus. Tom convicted me of sin and got to the root of the issue, something I was hoping someone could help me to do. I’m thankful for his ministry.” – Male Student
“Tom and Robyn taught us from scripture regarding our marriage but more importantly our individual hearts and self-centered kingdoms. This helped me as a husband see how I was sinning against my wife in creating a little kingdom centered around me. No counselor I have seen before helped me change this much!” – Student Couple
“Tom and Robyn were so helpful in walking me through a process that I was essentially crawling around blind in. They had me read Scripture and discover for myself (with help) what aspects of the issue were suffering and what aspects were my sin, and what the Bible had to say. Their direction was not negligent of the practical aspect either; I almost always had work to do during the week. This helped me to ‘discipline myself for the purpose of godliness,’ and to be able to deal with difficulties better-equipped in the future.” – Female Student
“Tom and I met twice to discuss my anxiety. We prayed, read Scripture, discussed anxiety from a biblical perspective, and went over resources on anger and anxiety. Our time together was very helpful, it helped me deepen my faith in Christ, and it certainly met my expectations.” – Male Student